After College: What can I do with a BA in Political Science?
Here are many links related to careers Political Science and Public Policy, as well as other links Political Science undergraduates may find useful.
Information about career options
- The American Political Science Association website features many resources for Political Science undergraduates.
- Cal Poly Career Services Home Page
- University of Tennessee's "What Can I do with a Degree in Political Science?" page.
- In addition, Cal Poly's Career Resource Center Bibliography has many related resources. These are available in the Career Resource Center (Bldg. 124-Room 117).
- "Internships", 2005, Thomson Peterson
- "Making a Living While Making a Difference". Everett, Melissa, 1999
- "Careers in Nonprofits & Government Agencies". 2005, WetFeet, Inc.
- "A Guide to Careers in Community Development". Brophy, Paul C. and Alice Shabecoff, 2001, Island Press
- "Human Rights Organizations & Periodicals Directory 2003-2004". 2003, Meiklejohn Civil Liberties Institute
- "150 Best Companies for Liberal Arts Graduates". Woodruff, Cheryl, 1992, John Wiley
- "Career Opportunities in Politics, Government, and Activism". Axelrod-Contrada, Joan, 2003, Ferguson
- "Opportunities in Law Careers". Munneke, Gary, 2001, VGM
- "Career Opportunities in Education". Echaore-McDavid, Susan, 2007, Checkmark Books
- "Promoting Community Change - Making it Happen in the Real World". Homan, Mark S., 2004, Brooks/Cole - Thomson Learning
- "Careers in International Affairs". Carland, Maria & Lisa A. Gihring, Editors, 2003, Georgetown University Press
- "Careers and the Study of Political Science", Sixth Edition. 2001, American Political Science Association
- "The WetFeet Insider Guide to Careers in Non-Profits and Government Agencies 2004 Edition". 2003, WetFeet Inc.
- "Alternatives to the Peace Corps. A Directory of Third World & U.S. Volunteer Opportunities". Gilpe, Filomena, Editor, 1999, Institute for Food First
- "Keys to Liberal Arts Success". Figler, Howard W., 2002, Pearson Education
- "Top Careers for Liberal Arts Graduates". 2004, Checkmark Books