Support Political Science
Support the Department
Private support for the department is crucial to recruiting and retaining top students and faculty in our competitive and increasingly global world. In order to continue providing the outstanding educational experiences Cal Poly is known for, we need your support.
Contributions allow the department to provide opportunities for faculty and students, such as:
- Paideia — A political science journal that showcases students’ research and book reviews.
- Model UN — Students traveled to New York to compete at the national level.
- Mock Trial — Students travel all over California to compete and have added University of Las Vegas and Oregon University to their roster of competitions. In 2017, Mock Trial A-team earned a spot to compete at the national tournament.
- Conferences — Professor Mike Latner traveled to Montreal, Canada and presented a paper entitled “Political System Responsiveness to Fiscal Crisis: A Global Perspective” featuring his research on the Great Recession. Professor Ning Zhang traveled to Leiden University Institute for Area Studies in Leiden, Netherlands to participate in a conference focused on advancing understanding of deliberative governance.
Support the Master of Public Policy Program
As the Political Science Department prepares to graduate the 10th class of MPP students, we are excited to announce the creation of the Master of Public Policy Fund. We invite you to give online. Your generous support will help continue the program’s legacy and high quality education and learning experiences by providing:
- Conference and Travel Funds — Since 2009, we have been able to help defray travel and conference talks for graduate students to attend and present research at national, professional conferences. We strive to more fully fund these experiences for more students and need support to help students participate in these professional and educational experiences.
- Internship Funds — Internship experiences immerse MPP students in real world policy experiences, frequently leading to direct employment opportunities. In many cases, the ability of students to take thought provoking, life-changing internship opportunities is directly tied to support for such work.
- Research Funds — Our students continue to produce relevant and meaningful research, particularly through their independent research projects. Increasingly, these projects involve travel for fieldwork as well as survey deployment. To continue to encourage such innovative and applicable projects, we must provide for the practical needs of our students.
We greatly appreciate your support for the Political Science Department. As a special thank you we will include a copy of our student journal, Paideia with our "Thank You" to you for your generous gift of $250 or more.
Support the department — give online.
Support the Master of Public Policy program — give online.
If you prefer to provide a check, please print and fill out our giving form. If you would like your donation to go to the Department of Political Science, please specify Political Science.
Mail the form and check to:
Cal Poly College of Liberal Arts
Office of Advancement
One Grand Ave #47-31
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
To learn more about department needs and how you can help, please contact the CLA Advancement Office at (805) 756-6246.