The Fall 2018 Quarter Application Deadline is March 1, 2018.
Minimum Requirements for Admission
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of not less than 3.0 in all undergraduate course work.
- Academic preparation or work experience demonstrating analytical and writing skills.
- For applicants whose preparatory education is principally in a language other than English, a TOEFL score of 550 or higher is required (or 213 on the new conversation scale for the computer-based TOEFL exam). A score of 4.5 or higher on the essay portion of the TOEFL is also required.
How to Apply
- Students can apply directly online via Cal State Apply. The Cal Poly Graduate Education website offers application information and FAQs to help answer questions applicants may have about the Cal State Apply application.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts to Cal Poly Graduate Admissions (see address below).
- When you apply via Cal State Apply, you will be asked for:
- Names and emails for three Evaluations (letters of recommendation). Cal Poly will send a link directly to the evaluator to complete the evaluation electronically. The evaluations must include at least one academic reference and at least one professional reference. The third can be either an academic or a professional reference. These must be written in English and ought to address relevant academic coursework, work experience and other preparation that make the applicant a strong candidate for the MPP program.
- Personal statement detailing the applicant’s understanding of, interest in and use for a public policy degree from the perspective of the applicant’s career and educational goals. If you wish to upload a personal statement that is longer than 500 words, please upload a PDF in quadrant four on Cal State Apply as an unofficial transcript. If you chose this option, please put "see attachment" in the dedicated personal statement box when applying.
- Resume/CV detailing relevant academic and professional information.
- A scanned unofficial copy of your transcripts.
- GRE scores, if submitted, may be sent electronically from the testing agency directly to Cal Poly Admissions. The MPP program recommends, but does not require, the GRE.
- If you are applying for Spring 2018, you will need to have your letters of recommendation sent directly from the letter writers to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 1, 2018.
Address for Graduate Admissions:
- Graduate Admissions (transcripts)
One Grand Ave.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407