The Department of Political Science wants to work with you to ensure a rewarding and stimulating educational experience. Faculty advisors are available to assist you with any political science curriculum questions you may have. You should receive an email during your first quarter that identifies your faculty advisor. To inquire as to who your faculty advisor is, visit the Political Science office in Building 47, room 14 or call 805-756-2984.
The College of Liberal Arts Advising Center also offers assistance to political science majors with department, college, and university requirements and policies. You can contact the CLA Advising Center in Building 47, Room 22B (805-756-6200; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who should you call?
The CLA Advising Center may help you with:
- general education course selections
- a plan for a balanced and realistic schedule
- understanding graduation requirements, including major and GE
- understanding your student record
- answering transfer and evaluation questions
- confidential situations
- plans to improve your academic performance
Your Faculty Advisor may help you with:
- major or concentration course selection
- academic and course-related questions
- senior projects
- internship opportunities
- post-graduation plans, including graduate/law school information