- POLS 180:Political Inquiry
- POLS 245: Judicial Process
- POLS 225: International Relations
- POLS 426: International Organizations and Law
- Office: Bldg. 34, Rm. 235
- Phone: 805-756-2686
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- J.D. William & Mary
- LL. M. Human Rights Law and Development, University of London
- B.A. Political Science and Philosophy, Gordon College
My professional experience in legal practice as well as international relief and development make my teaching at Cal Poly focus on how students can use their political science skills to strengthen our society and be successful advocates. I have worked for over 20 years in international justice, development, and nonprofits, and for several years I have deployed as an emergency responder in humanitarian disasters around the world. As an attorney I have worked in the areas of immigration, business, education, disability, nonprofit, and estate law. My primary areas of academic research are gender and development, international human rights, and transitional justice. I teach because I am grateful to have been so positively and patiently influenced by professors and mentors.
When I am not teaching, lawyering, or working internationally, I am a NSSIA-certified Master Surf Instructor who loves all things water. I am a mother to two boys who love jokes and music (Motown, specifically).